Friday, July 11, 2014

A Little Bit of Heaven


Homeward bound...with my thoughts escaping, where my music's playing, where my love light's waiting silently for me. Paul Simon and all the greats. How they have charmed me all these years in my life.

Summertime is, for me, like a great big hug. A homecoming.  It's a time to come home to me, to my family and to my soul and my life. Pretty big thinking, right? Don't get me wrong. I'm living the life those other ten months too. Bringing, every year, for 180 days a new crop of ten year olds into my life too. But, by the end of those days, there is a point of physical and emotional exhaustion too. The human doing needs to return to human being status. 

Simple things give me that feeling of living that heavenly life, I as a creative, crave. Walking the hilltop fields and staring at the puffy clouds on the edge of the horizon, staring long at the Black-eyed Susans, watching the butterflies dance just above the tips of the meadow grass, and listening to the happy sounds of the birds, chirping and singing, because they know, I'm sure, that tractor on the roadside is going to peel all this away very soon.

Savoring moments, refilling and allowing life to just take me at will. Letting go. All this is what I crave. No schedule to bind me, no must dos (well, therre is the mortgage!), but seriously I wonder sometimes why I get so caught up in the scheduling trap, the routines, when there is so much life to enjoy!

So today, I'm once again slipping on those summer shoes and dancing in the swirl of life's abundance. 
Happy, joyous and free...in every sense of those words!

2 comments:

Caleigh said...

I am so happy to have the chance to participate in a creative journey of yours. Thanks for sharing!

gael lynch said...

Caleigh! And I am super glad to have you along for the ride! Thanks for reading!